Thursday, December 23, 2010

CHRISTMAS IRISH BLESSINGS FOR YOU


Special Christmas blessings to each of you!



On this lovely holiday, I want to share with you some of the Irish blessings offered by Seamus O’Neill in my book THE TEXAN’S IRISH BRIDE. Seamus is a lovable man who would be a millionaire if he were paid for talking. He has a toast or blessing for each occasion. These blessings are heartfelt from me to you!


May your guardian angel
always be near!
Those things I warmly wish for you-
Someone to love,
Some work to do,
A bit o' sun,
A bit o' cheer,
and a guardian angel always near





May you have warm words
on a cold evening.


May you have warm words on a cold evening,
a full moon on a dark night
and the road downhill
all the way to your door.





May the good saints protect you
May the good saints protect you,
and bless you each day,
and may trouble ignore you,
each step of the way.





And let me add my blessing to you:


May the peace that passes all understanding
     dwell in your heart,
May God’s grace surround and comfort you, and
May His love guide you through the coming year.


          Merry Christmas!

This looks like our cat Bailey Erin, but I
doubt she'd befriend a mouse.




No comments: