Friday, December 02, 2011

TANYA HANSON FINDS HER PERSONAL GPS

My guest today is award-winning author Tanya Hanson. Tanya has offered a free pdf download of  RIGHT TO BRAGG, her latest release, to one lucky person who comments this weekend. Don't you love free books?

                        FINDING MY WAY
                          by Tanya Hanson

Sometimes I get lost. If I can’t gauge my direction by a set of mountains, I’m really in trouble. Where I live in central California, there’s a mountain range within view, so I’m pretty safe here around home. Fortunately, in this day of GPS and smartphones, I’m a little less leery of venturing out into a strange place. I can always find my way around due to cyberspace.

But I’m also lost plenty of other times. I won’t deny it. In recent days, I’ve been in a place both personally and professionally where God seems far away. I’m floundering like a newborn puppy in a mud pond. What will help me find my way?

Nativity Scene photo from Freephoto.com
My personal GPS --His truth, His way, His Book. His birth. I know it for a fact. This is the season where faith becomes fact. Jesus came to earth as a man so as to know what it’s like to be a struggling human. I can’t thank Him enough for the sacrifice.

When I started my latest release RIGHT TO BRAGG, the fourth in my Hearts Crossing Ranch series, I knew from the synopsis I’d sold that the heroine Tiffany was a woman alone, abandoned, trying to find her way. Cowboy Bragg Martin uses his own faith to help guide her…even as he struggles with guilt of his own. Somehow, as the story took off, the setting ended up being Christmastime. The time of hope and healing, reunion and peace.


BLURB:
Disowned by her family, Tiffany Vickers faces a lonely Christmas and takes great comfort in the baby boy in her care. Her faith in tatters, she guards her heart against the baby's uncle, handsome cowboy Bragg Martin, a man with baggage of his own. While Bragg longs to open his heart and family to the lovely nanny, he doesn't understand her interest in his arch enemy. Saving a man's life and saving Tiffany's faith bring the couple together…and home to Hearts Crossing Ranch.
These Colorado mountains are Tanya's vision
for her Hearts Crossing Ranch series
EXCERPT:
Tiffany got up for another cup of coffee, Matty’s eyes watching her every move.


“He sure notices you,” Bragg remarked as the baby drained the bottle.


“Yeah. We bonded right off. I’m so glad about it.” As she’d made a snap decision just then, she rushed on. “I left behind my precious nephew. I guess in my psyche somewhere I figured maybe nanny to Matty might help ease that hole in my heart.” Gently she rubbed her hand over Matty’s head, the edge of her hand tugging at Bragg’s shirt and causing a funny havoc. Mostly though he listened to her pain.


She sank back down into a kitchen chair, resting her cheek in her hand. “I was with Connor from the moment he was born. Paul and Diana wanted me there. Then things went haywire. It was my fault. You talk about forgiveness, but there isn’t any in this case. And I miss that little boy. Oh, I miss him so. I need him. His love was unconditional, you know. He’s three now. I can’t let him forget me.”


Bragg’s heart tugged at the agony on her face, and Matty’s little hand flailed. Tiffany took it at once. “It can’t be that bad, can it?”


“I’ve been disowned, so, yeah, Bragg. It’s that bad.”

Video

Buy link: http://www.pelicanbookgroup.com/ec/right-to-bragg

Tanya Hanson
Award-winning author Tanya Hanson is a California beach girl who loves her cowboys. A former high school English teacher, she loves traveling with her firefighter hubby when she’s not writing. In fact, her eight-book Hearts Crossing Ranch series was inspired by a city slicker wagon train trip the two took around the Tetons a year ago. Last month, the two returned from a fantastic tour of the East Coast just in time to welcome their daughter’s first child, their second grandson. Their son’s little boy stole Tanya’s heart upon his arrival four years ago. God is good.


www.tanyahanson.com
www.petticoatsandpistols.com
http://sweetheartsofthewest.blogspot.com


Thanks to Tanya for sharing her sense of direction and her latest release with us! Go to Tanya's website to learn more about her and her other books in the Hearts Crossing series and other series she's written, including historical western.

Please return Monday for a visit from author Terry Spear. Thanks for stopping by!



I hope you enjoy Tiffany’s falling both in faith and love during a picture-perfect Christmas on that fictional little ranch, Hearts Crossing, where everybody love to come home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Everybody talks about GPS and i loved that you paired it with Gods Word. Had not thought of it that way. Thanks for your post.

mitzi_wanham[at]yahoo[dot]com