Friday, May 11, 2012

JIMMY THOMAS COVERS FOR DIME NOVELS



Celia Yeary, Author

By Celia Yeary

When I wrote the first Dime Novel, ANGEL AND THE COWBOY, someone suggested I put a Jimmy Thomas photo on it. What? Are you crazy? I wanted to reply with this retort because I have never wanted a gorgeous hunk with beautiful woman on my covers. My idea of covers ran toward the non-human kind; you know, sweeping vistas, sunsets, lakes, mountains, wildflowers, horses...and I do love all the covers for my novels. Those have worked very well.

Before I made this bold, perhaps slightly tacky remark, I had no idea about some male model named Jimmy Thomas. But I did look up his website, signed up, logged in, and was hooked. Right away, I found my Angel and her cowboy, and with the expert guidance from Karen Michelle Nutt, the first Dime Novel cover was a hit--with me, anyway.

The second one, ADDIE AND THE GUNSLINGER, was even easier. Right away I found the right cover, showing Addie sneaking Jude's pistols from the holster. The third novel, CHARLOTTE AND THE TENDERFOOT was a little more difficult, but Karen came through once again.

I have just submitted the fourth Dime Novel titled KAT AND THE U.S. MARSHAL. And even before I submitted it, I had selected the cover...a Jimmy Thomas, of course.

These covers work for the novellas, because the stories are slightly offbeat and fun. I'd never written anything exactly like these, but I am so pleased with the success of them, I know I made a very good choice. And the Jimmy Thomas covers are perfect.

P.S. I have since learned that Jimmy Thomas is not only a handsome man, he is truly a nice guy. That bit of knowledge makes it all the better.
~*~*~



ANGEL AND THE COWBOY:
He needs a wife…
Because the sheriff summons him, U.S. Marshal Max Garrison rides to town. He resents learning he must supervise a young man just out of prison who will work at his ranch for a time. But when he meets the beautiful young woman who owns the teashop, he knows his trip is not wasted. Max decides she's the one for him.
She faces more loneliness …
Daniella Sommers lives alone above the book and teashop her English parents left her. When U.S. Marshal Max Garrison walks in and asks for tea, she almost laughs. Soon, her merriment turns to hope. Then Daniella learns a shocking truth about herself. If she reveals her past, will Max still love her?
Is it time for miracles and hope?




ADDIE AND THE GUNSLINGER

Ex-gunslinger Jude Morgan lands in jail in a far-flung West Texas town. On the fourth day in his cell, the sheriff arrives with a beautiful woman dressed in men’s pants and toting her own six-shooter. Adriana Jones claims he is her worthless husband who married her but never came home.
The young woman makes a bargain with Jude in front of the sheriff. Jude is to come home where he belongs, and she will have him released. When they’re alone, she explains his job is to pose as her husband to thwart the marriage advances of her neighbor, wealthy rancher Horace Caruthers. The older man wants her ranch to join his, because the Pecos River runs through her property.
To seal the bargain, Jude wants a kiss. During the next few weeks, however, Jude and Addie learn that the kiss meant more than they meant it to be. Then, Addie's life is in danger. Will Jude rescue his Addie? Or will Addie save herself and her gunslinger?



CHARLOTTE AND THE TENDERFOOT
While driving home in her buggy, Charlotte Dewhurst discovers a man lying by the road. William Montgomery, an attorney, was passing through the area when accosted by two hoodlums. The resulting court case keeps Will in town. His attitudes confuse Charlotte as he seeks her company, yet proclaims he will soon be moving on. But Will may be the most confused one of all.

BUY LINKS for all three Dime Novels, as well as all my books: My author pages on Amazon and Barnes and Noble:

Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Celia+yeary&x=14&y=16 
Barnes and Noble
http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=BOOK&WRD=celia+yeary&page=&prod=univ&choice=book&query=Celia+Yeary&flag=False&pos=-1&box=Celia+Yeary&box=celia%20yeary&pos=-1&ugrp=2

Celia Yeary-Romance...and a little bit o' Texas
My Website


My Blog


Sweethearts of the West-Blog


My Facebook Page


Thanks to Celia for being my guest today. She and I are co-founders of the blog Sweethearts of the West. We have enough in common that we joke that we're cousins. She's a person to whom I'd love to be related.

Thanks for stopping by!


26 comments:

Cathie Dunn said...

Fabulous post Celia.

I've signed up to his site as well (he's on the cover of Highland Arms, my release through TWRP). Love his covers. I'm going to check them out for my novellas as well.

Yours look great. Very matching the style. Good luck with your releases.

Caroline Clemmons said...

Celia, great post. Thanks for being my guest today.

Sally Clements said...

He's a great cover novel hero, isn't he? Thanks for sharing, your covers look great!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Cathie--they've been very successful, making me one happy woman. It seems everyone else knew about Jimmy except me.
I wish you well and good luck!

Unknown said...

I appreciate the spot, Caroline. Thanks bunches.

Unknown said...

Sally--he is a wonderful cover model--now that I know him, I recognize his covers--they're very popular.
Thanks!

Paty Jager said...

These look like fun reads!

Paisley Kirkpatrick said...

Very nice covers, Celia. I have heard such nice things about Jimmy Thomas. I agree, he is a hero to be found on the cover of good books.

Unknown said...

They are fun, Paty--I've had a ball with them!

Unknown said...

Paisley--I think he truly is one of the good guys. At least, that's what I hear.

Laurel Hawkes said...

Love the covers, and yes, I've purchased books simply because Jimmy Thomas was on the cover. His covers have helped me find quite a few new authors I enjoy reading now. Celia, your Dime Novels are fun!

Paula Martin said...

Great covers, Celia. Like you'd I'd never heard of Jimmy Thomas - but agree that he is VERY nice :-)

Unknown said...

Laurel--I thank you so much. Your words made my day! I think they're fun, too,and enjoy writing them.
Hope your day is beautiful!

Unknown said...

They are just right for these short stories--Thanks!

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

Hi Celia,

I have to say, Jimmy Thomas makes my job easier. lol

I'm so glad you love the covers, Celia. :)

LK Hunsaker said...

Celia, I tend toward nature scene covers, also, but I have to admit these are scenic. ;-) Glad they're going so well for you!

Diane Craver said...

Gorgeous covers and that's terrific Jimmy is a nice guy too.

Linda Swift said...

Celia, you are not the last one to learn about Jimmy Thomas. I claim that title. I've read these books and they are as good as the covers. A great combination that has been very successful for you. Congratulations! Linda

Sarah J. McNeal said...

I felt the same way you did in the beginning--no sexy guys or half clothed ladies on my covers, thank you very much. My forst published books had scary castles, mysterious lakes and a violin with its wondrous contents in its case. And then a friend suggested that I put people on the covers and make them a little more sexy. I wasn't into it but I did it just the same and my forst cover had Jimmy Thomas on it--BITTER NOTES was the title. I have loved Jimmy Thomas on the covers of books ever since.
Karen would never steer you in the wrong direction so it's good you took her advice. Your Jimmy covers are fantastic--just like the books within.

Unknown said...

Karen--great--so does that mean you'll do one more for me? I submitted the ms and I aready have the JT photo chosen!

Unknown said...

LK--I think they're right for these short novellas..but I still tend toward those I describe. Your covers are perfect for your books.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Diane.

Unknown said...

Linda--well, at least we're both slow to recognize the same things. I agree, the combination of these stories and the covers really compliment each other. A great match.

Unknown said...

Sarah--I'm beginning to see a real value in eyecatching covers for ebooks. The covers should almost tell the story. I don't know why this is so much more important for ebooks than print, but I do think there's something to it.
Thanks for your comments.I always appreciate every visit.

Stephanie Burkhart said...

Celia, I'm so glad you put Jimmy Thomas on your covers. He has a natural presence that really draws you in and captures the essence of the story within. Your success is inspiring.

Smiles
Steph

Jillian said...

Love these covers.