Wednesday, December 27, 2017

TAKING STOCK

At the end of the year, many of us review to see where we can improve for the coming year. I confess 2017 was a difficult year for my family--illness, passing of friends and family, unexpected repairs, etc. Those are things beyond our control so no point in worrying about them.


Thinking back over
the year


I'm examining the things over which I do have control. Productivity. In 2016, I published eleven novellas. In 2017, I only published seven. To me, this says I need seat in chair, fingers on the keyboard.




The thing that kills me is social media. Does it change by the hour? To me it seems that's what happens. I'm on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instant Messaging. How many more  of these do I need?  Seems I'm juggling too many now.

Organization is another area in which I need to improve. A lot. Can I reprogram my brain so that I'm more efficient with my time? Surely I can.

One surprising thing that helped me is getting a larger monitor for my PC. My friend and fellow author Jacquie Rogers and her husband Mark visited in October. Jacquie has a large television as her monitor. Mark and Hero talked and now I have our former bedroom television as my monitor. I'm surprised at how much this has helped me focus.

Probably we're all taking stock of the past year and looking forward to next year. Can we do better next year? You bet we can!


No comments: