Friday, May 20, 2011

INSPIRATION COMES IN MANY FORMS

What inspires you? What fills you with awe?



Here are a few of the things that inspire me:

Family - I’m fortunate in that my immediate family encourage me in whatever I do.

Friends - Good friends who get my weird sense of humor (most of the time) are a blessing.


Chocolate - Perfect food, except for the calories.



Spring - I love the new green growth, baby animals, flowers. Yeah, I could live without the weeds, but then some of the plants I enjoy are considered weeds in other parts of the world.


Estate and garage sales - I’m such a sucker for these. Then I think I need to go home and clean out my closets and cupboards. No, I rarely actually get around to decluttering, but I think about it.

Birds - Hero and I love watching the birds at our feeders outside the breakfast room window. We love the blue birds who live in the house Hero built as well as the swallows who swoop across out meadow. What fun watching our feathered guests drink and splash in the birdbath.


Reading - Losing myself in an author’s words inspires me to write better myself. Thank goodness my family members are avid readers and understand my craving/need to read every day.

Travel - Getting away from home broadens one’s outlook. And Dorothy was right, “There’s no place like home” when you return.

What inspires you?


No comments: