|Movie "Bucket List"|
1. Go ziplining somewhere--doesn’t really matter where as long as there aren’t a lot of snakes. I think I might prefer one place I saw advertised in Colorado that caters to families. If a ten-year-old kid can manage, I should be able to also. And the hike to the platform is only ten minutes. Zipping along in a secure harness looks like fun. I’d certainly love to try it.
2. Ride a hot air balloon for a short period. This is more daring if you realize heights are not my friends. I’ve wanted to do this since I saw the movie “Around The World In 80 Days.” That length of time does NOT appeal to me, but a half-hour would be nice.
3. Hero and I want to go on a rafting trip. I’d be sure to wear my life vest, because in water I sink like a stone. I think I'd like a one-day trip in Colorado. The rafting company furnishes a wet suit and a life vest. The screams probably would be furnished by me, but I don't think so. I think a small does of rafting would be fun.
5. See the New England trees changing color. Since I’ve never been to New England and want to go there, fall would be the ideal time. I've heard the colors are more vivid there than in North Central Texas.
6. Hero and I want to take a cruise ship/tour of Alaska, maybe in May before mosquito season gets gross. We’d prefer one of the smaller ships where lectures are presented each evening about the history of the area on the next day’s visit. Each of us is a history, anthropology, and archealogy fan.
7. Hero and I also want to travel through the Pacific Northwest. He’s been before, but I haven’t. I'd especially like to travel from Portland, Oregon to Seattle, Washington. I love rainy days, so I always thought I'd enjoy living in that area.
9. Drive a Vespa--preferably a pink or aqua one. Those cute little scooters have always fascinated me. Darling Daughter Two and I were all set to rent one in Fort Worth until we learned they require a motorcycle license. What? We each still want to drive one, even if we only go around the block.
|Staying in this |
cottage in Adare
would be lovely.
There are more on my list, but these are the top ten.
What’s on your bucket list? Have you accomplished any of them?