Friday, November 16, 2012

DIANA COSBY'S FOOD BANK CHALLENGE


3rd International Food Bank Food Drive Challenge
By Diana Cosby

Diana Cosby, Author

It's the holidays again, an emotion-filled time where it seems there are not enough hours in each day to fit everything in, not to mention dealing with the struggling economy.  But, in this time of financial challenges, I ask each of you to please consider one more stop on your crazy to do list, that of making a donation to a local food bank.  Your donation can be a dollar, a can of corn, whatever you can give.  Anything you can offer to those with nothing is a gift they didn't have.

I volunteer for Habitat For Humanity, and something amazing happens when you allow a person a flicker of hope, that somehow, incredibly, even a stranger understands that at times life shoves us on a road we never asked for.

In 2010 in addition to my personal donation to my local food bank, I decided to start a Food Bank Challenge.  Except, it wonderfully got out of hand.  Once I posted The Food Bank Challenge on my Facebook page and my Facebook fan page, people from across the U.S. began donating to their local food banks.  Then, my Facebook pages received posts of donations from Canada — the Food Bank Challenge went international!  In 2011, donations for the International Food Bank Food Challenge were made in the USA, Canada, Australia, & Indonesia.  And you know what, this is truly a blessing.  In this venture, we all win.  Gifts from the heart do that, they fill you, remind you there is good in the world, and that you can make a positive as profound difference in others lives.



How it works:  Starting on the 1st of November, when you donate to a local food bank, post on my Facebook page or Facebook Fan page, (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Diana-Cosby-Romance-Author/150109024636?ref=ts), beneath the daily International Food Bank Challenge post, add your donation along with your name and contact information.  On December 5th I will use www.random.org to draw from all of the names I received of people who donated. The winner will receive an autographed set of the MacGruder brother series to date; HIS CAPTIVE, HIS WOMAN, HIS CONQUEST, and HIS DESTINY.  Also, a copy of the BORN TO BITE, a Highland vampire anthology featuring Hannah Howell, Erica Ridley, and myself.   I will sign the set, and then send them priority to whoever you want to make a personal holiday present.


***For this blog:  If you post on this blog that you donated to a local food bank and contact info, you’ll be entered in the drawing.

2012 International Food Bank Challenge – Goal:  1000 donations.


Diana and a male model prove
reading is sexy. Ah, the up side
of being a romance author!

I wish each of you a wonderful holiday season.  May your every dream come true!

Diana Cosby, AGC(AW), USN Ret.
International Best-Selling Author of the MacGruder Brothers series
Highland vampire anthology
www.dianacosby.com

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Diana Cosby said...

Good morning Caroline,
My sincere thanks for having me on today to share the 3rd Annual International Food Bank Food Drive. I thank everyone who donates in advance to our food banks. Each dollar or can of food helps make a positive difference in another person's life.
God bless,

Diana Cosby, AGC(AW), USN, Ret.

Caroline Clemmons said...

Diana, thanks for your generosity to others. Bless you.

Writer Pat Newcombe said...

How lovely to use your blog for charitable ends. Maybe more of us should do that and the world would be a better place??

Diana Cosby said...

Writer Pat Newcombe said: How lovely to use your blog for charitable ends. Maybe more of us should do that and the world would be a better place??

~Hi Pat, thank you so much for stopping by. Caroline was kind enough to allow me to blog today to share news of the food drive. Each donation makes a difference in the life of a person going through challenging times. Take care, and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.
Sincerely,

Diana Cosby, AGC(AW), USN, Ret.

Diana Cosby said...

Caroline Clemmons said: Diana, thanks for your generosity to others. Bless you.

~*Hugs* Caroline, my deepest thanks for having me on your blog today. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas filled with friendship and laughter.
God bless,

Diana Cosby, AGC(AW), USN, Ret.