Saturday, February 04, 2017

BURIED SECRETS IS ON SALE!


Buried
Secrets
Sequel
to The Cavanaugh House
by
Elizabeth Meyette
Genre:
Paranormal Mystery

When
Jesse Graham almost runs over a “body” in the road one night, she
is plunged into a labyrinth of secrets, lies and murder. All Jesse
wants is a simple life teaching at St. Bart’s… and a chance at
love with Joe Riley. She realizes that plan has been thwarted when
puzzling occurrences at St. Bartholomew Academy for Girls get
increasingly dangerous. The danger doesn’t just spring from the
ghost who haunts the grounds of St. Bart’s, but from a sinister
presence that is not ghostly at all. As she digs into the mystery,
threats on her life and the life of her student escalate.
Which
danger threatens her life the most? The ghost haunting her student or
the secrets buried in the school?
**Can
easily be read as a standalone!**

On
Sale for .99 cents!!


The
Cavanaugh House
by
Elizabeth Meyette

About
the Book


When
Jesse Graham unlocks the door to the deserted house she inherited
from her Aunt Helen, she doesn’t realize she’s unlocking secrets
that had lain dormant for years. Reeling from a broken engagement to
acclaimed musician Robert Cronmiller, Jesse wants to leave the city
where her name is linked to his in all the society pages. Her best
friend Maggie, aka Sister Angelina, convinces her to take a job at a
private girls school in the pastoral Finger Lakes region of upstate
New York. Anticipating a quiet, revitalizing life in her aunt’s
deserted house, Jesse is instead thrown into a maze of danger.
Questions about her aunt’s death lead Jesse to investigate events
surrounding it and the people involved, but she uncovers a web of
deceit that reaches far beyond the occurrences of over two decades
earlier. Still dejected from her broken engagement, Jesse finds it
difficult to trust anyone, even her self-absorbed mother. Joe Riley
is irresistible, but secrets obstruct involvement with him until
Jesse can solve the secrets of the Cavanaugh House. Someone doesn’t
want those secrets unearthed and will stop at nothing, even murder,
to keep them hidden.


Author,
blogger and believer in dreams-come-true, Elizabeth Meyette fell in
love with books as a child when her sister read her Goldilocks and
the Three Bears. "She had me at 'Once upon a time...',"
Elizabeth admits. A native of upstate New York, Elizabeth now lives
in West Michigan with her husband Richard. She retired early from
teaching to pursue her passion: writing. "Yes, I hear voices in
my head and I give them names and call them characters."
Elizabeth
describes her books as “a little mystery, a little history, a
little romance.” She has also written several children’s books
are in line for publication in the near future. Her poetry has
appeared in various anthologies.
A
native of upstate New York, Elizabeth now lives in Michigan with her
husband Richard. They have an agreement that she cannot cook on
writing days after he endured burnt broccoli and dry chicken.
Fortunately, Rich is an excellent cook.






8 comments:

Not really said...

Sadly. Yes I have

Julie Lynn Bickham said...

Yes, well I heard someone humming to my newborn. I thought my mother was in the room with her. When I went into the nursery no one was in their with her.

diannekc said...

Yes, I have. I'm driving the car my Dad had when he passed away and every once in a while the interior lights will flicker and I'm sure it's my Dad paying me a visit.

diannekc said...

Yes, I have. I'm driving the car my Dad had when he passed away and every once in a while the interior lights will flicker and I'm sure it's my Dad paying me a visit.

Caroline Clemmons said...

Thank you for sharing BURIED SECRETS with us.

Not really said...

Awoke in the night, cold & scared, not knowing why. Got up, checked door & windows, nothing. Started to go back to bed, noticed the time. My younger son [19] was due any moment, so decided to wait. He entered about 10 or so minutes later. He entered. Started across the room. Stopped, turned around, looked at the couch. Noting the duffel bag, blanket & pillow. Asked, "Sam [older brother] staying the night?" I acknowledged the accuracy of his guess He said he brought something bad with him & started going through his duffel, brought out a thick paperback. Showed it to me. Titled "Enchantment". My response was 'So?". It looked like a swashbuckler type story judging by the picture. He said it's got demon's. Which I thought was stupid. He grabbed lighter fluid & matches out of Sam's bag, took the book outside. Doused it liberally with the accelerant & set it afire. That book started hissing which was a little puzzling, I was thinking in terms om material book was made with or something like that. I started to ask my son about that when the book itself gave me the answer. It started bouncing up & down, the hissing got louder & a spitting type sound started then the bouncing book started bouncing up & down the side walk. We were joined by a neighbor who said he'd heard the hissing & spitting. By the tine he joined us 10 minutes had already passed. By the time the fire went out we had been watching that book dancing up and down the sidewalk for almost a full 45 minutes. When Josh took the book out there he put it down face up, sort of rifled the pages squirting with accelerant. The totally coated the cover, then setting on fire. The cover still face up. The book did burn. Everything but the cover. It was chared around the edges and the back of the front cover blackened. But the rest of the book had been reduces to ashes. That finally convinced me my son was not being 'silly' that the books had indeed been linked to the demons. and that something like that might really exist.

Unknown said...

Nope. i never want to experience that.

Julie Waldron said...

When we in a wax museum in Gettysburg, I felt someone squeeze my shoulder from behind. I turned around & nobody was there. My family & I were the only tourist's in there and they were standing in front of me, out of arms reach.