Saturday, July 17, 2010

More on Covers

Just yesterday I received the cover for my sweet contemporary, HOME, SWEET TEXAS HOME. This is for a TBA release from The Wild Rose Press. Nicola Martinez designed the cover, and it fits the story so well.  The story is about a young woman in Dallas who is suddenly without a job at the same time the teenaged brother for whom she's guardian has started mixing with a bad crowd. Fortunately for her, she inherits a home and other interests from a man who befriended her when her mom was hosptialized. The inheritance takes her to West Texas, about twenty minutes from Lubbock. Incidentally, I grew up in Lubbock, so this story has special meaning for me. Anyway, she is linked through her inheritance to a handsome rancher with two darling kids, a boy and a girl. See how perfect the cover is?  Courtney, the heroine, has a dog named Bingo that crowded into the cover art. LOL The man from whom she received the legacy always called his dog Bingo. Saved choosing a new name and remembering it.

This is not the first cover Nicola has designed for me. In fact, she's designed all of my covers from The Wild Rose Press. My favorite is the one for THE TEXAN'S IRISH BRIDE, which will be released on September 3. I'm sure the cover will help sales for this book.

What do you think? Do you ever purchase a book based on the cover? I admit that I have. In fact, I just bought one by Caroline Fyfe because the cover looked so appealing and of the sort of historical western romance I love.

Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered in my Saturday prize drawing.

3 comments:

katsrus said...

I have bought a book more than once because of the cover. Even if the title caught my eye. I love both of those covers. Very eye catching.
Sue B

Unknown said...

Covers play a pretty big role in influencing what I buy: I have bought many books based solely on an attractive cover without knowing the author beforehand. Of course this can end in disappointment too, but covers are crucial, no matter what they say about not judging a book by its cover, most of all do it subconsciously :-)

stella.exlibris (at) gmail (dot) com

Jeanmarie Hamilton said...

I love the new cover! Wishing you many sales and happy readers!

Jeanmarie