Wednesday, June 24, 2015

DID YOU STUDY? HERE'S A QUIZ

Friends and I met this week to have what we call our “techie day” where we discuss new trends in marketing. 


Readers not associated with writing and publishing would be surprised to learn how much time and expense authors spend marketing and choosing and buying covers as well as hiring editors, formatters and other people to help with publishing each release. If you think $3.99 or $4.99 is too much to pay for an e-book, please consider how much time and effort goes into producing that book—to say nothing of the hours and hours of writing.



Since you’re reading this, maybe I’m preaching to the choir. One of the friends at the marketing meeting this week had an email from a reader accusing her of “milking” her readers by charging $3.99 for the second book in a series after the first was free. I have read this book series and, in this case, readers received a genuine bargain because the writing is superb, the book is professionally edited, has a professional cover, and is professionally formatted and uploaded to all sites.



At the same time, I recently gulped when I had to pay $12.98 for an e-book version of a selection for the book club to which I belong. (While I did read the book before the meeting, it turned out I didn’t even like the story or the author’s voice.) 

So why would someone complain about paying $3.99? I think the reason is that some people only like free books and others never pay over $ .99 for a book.

My questions for you are:
1)      How much will you pay for a book from an author whose work you enjoy?
2)      How much is too much for an e-book?
3)      What’s the most you’ve ever paid for an e-book?
4)      How much will you pay for an author whose work you’ve never read?

Let me hear from you.

By the way, if you haven’t picked up your copy of O’NEILL’S TEXAS BRIDE, McClintocks book two, you can find it at most online vendors including Amazon.

Thanks for stopping by!




No comments: