Wednesday, April 17, 2019

LITTLE DOVE



Little Dove
The Redenzione Series Book 1
by
Perryen Livingston

Genre: Romantic Suspense

An emotionally gripping story about love, family secrets, and
self-discovery.


A single test was all it took to turn my world on its axis. The life
that I had and the life that I knew nothing about, would soon
collide. Love and hate, truth and lies, bitterness and rejection,
redemption and clarity- would I find my truth? I am Talyn Rose
Easton-Galiano and this is my story of who I was, who I became, and
ultimately who I am. They say that life is stranger than fiction...
but they don't have my life.





I think I’ve smoked two packs of cigarettes today and chugged Illy espresso by the gallon. Jamieson needs to get here already. He called me from the road to tell me he had a stop to make that was important to him but would be here by suppertime. I hope he likes shrimp and grits because I’ve made enough to feed the whole state of Louisiana. I’m in my bathroom putting my face on when Gracen comes in.

“Your pop is at the gate. You ready to meet him, beautiful? Breathe and enjoy the experience. He never gave up on you.”

“I’m ready. Does this lipstick make me look like a hooker?”

“Babe, your lipstick looks great. I take it that shoes don’t go with Chanel?” I love beautiful shoes but hate wearing them.

“I’m going for the classy-country-bumpkin look. Chanel goes with everything, Gracen, but shoes do not. Let’s go meet my pop!”

I can see his truck coming up the drive from the front windows but I can’t wait. I step out onto the front porch and literally see my past coming toward me. He sees me and the truck starts moving faster. Five, four, three, two, one—it’s go time. The truck door flings open and my pop… he gets out and stands rooted to the gravel drive and cries.

I fly off the porch in my bare feet and vintage Chanel sundress and run right into his arms. He grabs me tight and I can feel the past forty-one years within his hug. Sometimes life is ugly and not fair but sometimes the ugly makes way for the beautiful moments that restore your faith. This is our beautiful moment.

“Little Dove, I have dreamed of this day all of your life. I can now live in peace and when my time is up, I can die a complete man. You are more beautiful than your pictures. You look like your grandma Sharon. I love you so much, baby girl.” He won’t let go and I don’t want his hug to ever end.

“Pop, I can’t find the words to tell you what this means to me. I’ve been accused of having diarrhea of the mouth because I never shut up but… words just can’t do justice to this moment. I love you. Thank you for never forgetting me.”




Perryen Livingston is a Southern-raised, Sicilian born, self-proclaimed rebel
Belle. She is a lover of espresso, great books, all things Chanel, and Great Danes.
Perryen spent two decades traveling the world with her Air Force husband and
two sons. In 2016, she finally was able to put down roots in Central
Florida— the land of sunshine, beaches, and Disney.

Always one who needed to be creative to thrive, whether it be ballet or
fashion design— Perryen knew her next adventure lay between the
pages of a novel, her novel.
When she’s not writing, Perryen lives the domestic life wifein’ and
momin’: lint-rolling dog hair off her signature-style black
leggings, walking around barefoot, and spending time relentlessly
loving on her family.

Little Dove is her first book in The Redenzione Series and will have two
more books to follow. You can stay up to date on what’s happening
next by following her on social media.



Follow
the tour HERE
for exclusive excerpts, guest posts and a giveaway!


















No comments: