Friday, December 04, 2020

OUR CHRISTMAS GIFT TO YOU!

 By Caroline Clemmons


The authors of the Yours Truly: The Lovelorn Series want to give you a Christmas present. From now until Christmas, each of ourYours Truly: The Lovelorn books is reduced to only 99 cents. We appreciate our readers and hope those of you who haven’t yet read our series will do so at this bargain price!

My own contribution to the series is DESPERATE IN DELAWARE.

 


Here’s the blurb in Mina Faye Stapleton’s own words:

I will wait no longer! Since my parents’ death I’ve been living with my sister’s family. I help care for her home and her adorable children. But, when will I have my own husband and children? There is not even one eligible man near my age in our small town. I hear the snickers and hurtful remarks—old maid, spinster, on the shelf. My cousin sent me a newspaper clipping from a Yours Truly: The Lovelorn’s column. Imagine my surprise when the letter to the columnist read as if I had written it. I’ll do it—I’ll follow the Lovelorn’s advice and change my location. I’ll go to Texas to visit my cousin. I refuse to watch my life disappear until I’m left with only regrets!

**Caution: Make sure Amazon has really lowered the price before you click to buy! Mine is.**

 Here's an excerpt of the heroine and hero's first meeting:

After a harrowing ride, they arrived at Palo Pinto. When the stage stopped, she waited until the other passengers stepped out before she climbed down. There was Cindy to greet her. The tall man with Cindy must be her husband, Bert Kennedy.

Cindy ran forward and hugged her. “I’m so glad you’re here. I know you’re exhausted but I promise you’ll be glad you’ve come.”

Mina laughed with pleasure at seeing her cousin once more. “I hope so because I’ll never ride that stage again. Well, not for a while anyway.” She stood on tiptoe to accept Bert’s kiss to her cheek.

“I’m happy to finally meet you.” He grinned at her. “We left the twins with our housekeeper so we’d better load your trunks and get home before she gives notice.”

Bert called to a tall man standing nearby. “Austin, make yourself useful and give me a hand with this luggage.”

The man, who wasn’t bad looking, gave her a long scan from head to toe and back up then stared from the pile of luggage back to her. “You plan on opening a store or did you just bring everything you ever owned?”

She started to give him the sharp side of her tongue but Cindy interrupted.

“Miss Mina Faye Stapleton, this is our good friend, Austin Wright. Austin, Mina is my favorite cousin and she’s moving to Palo Pinto.”

Mina’s pique evaporated. She laughed and nudged Cindy. “Are you still stealing my line? I’m the one who only has one cousin while you have two.”

She sobered and glared at the rude man. “How do you do, Mr. Wright?”

“I do fine, Miss Stapleton. Good thing I’m here. Bert could have killed himself if he’d tried to load these trunks alone.”

As if the man hadn’t left Mina aghast with his latest rudeness, Cindy linked arms with Mina’s. “Let’s leave them to their job and walk to the house. It’s only a short way.”

 https://mybook.to/Mina 



Happy Reading!


No comments: