Friday, July 28, 2023

A COOL BREATH IN THE HOT SUMMER WEATHER

 

By Caroline Clemmons

In my opinion, we authors have the best job in the world—although definitely not the most lucrative for most of us. We get to pour out our hearts wearing sweats or jammies with no commute time. Who has a better job?

Don’t misunderstand me, writing is hard. Bless those who write while still working the dreaded day job. I did so when I first started writing but, thanks to my supportive Hero, I was able to start writing full time. When I first began writing, I feared I would run out of ideas. I used to keep a notebook of thumbnail plots to insure that wouldn’t happen. What I didn’t know then was that writers never run out of ideas. The saying goes that writers are either writing or thinking about writing. We’re not quite that bad, but close. 

Granted keeping fresh twists and turns to the plot becomes more difficult with each book and requires resourcefulness. Sometimes I think of a twist and then realize, no, I did that in another book. Still, I do have plenty of ideas. Currently, I’ll have to keep writing until I’m at least two hundred to use up all my plots and more crop up all the time. Please indulge me as I tell you about my latest project.


As I mentioned last week, four of us authors each re-released a book about brothers. The four Fraser brothers live in Angel Springs, Colorado and the books are called The Surprise Brides. My book is about the eldest, JAMIE, who is a widower with two unruly children. Callie Hutton’s is about the second brother, CALEB. Cynthia Woolf’s book is about GIDEON, a minister. Sylvia McDaniel wrote about the youngest, ETHAN

Posing as each of her sons, Mama Fraser writes away for mail order brides. The girls arrive just as a massive snowstorm hits the area and they are snowbound. Fortunately, Gideon, as a minister, can marry all four couples. At least, they hope him performing his own wedding is legal. These are fun romances certain to entertain you. Since they're set in snowy winter weather, they offer a breath of cool air to the hot summer. 

Click on the man's name above to be taken to the buy link on Amazon. The books are also now available at most vendors where e-books are sold.

Stay safe and keep reading!

No comments: