Wednesday, September 30, 2026

A Rose At Dawn: Book Three, Roses of Longbourn By Kelly Boggs


A Rose At Dawn
Book Three, Roses of Longbourn
By Kelly Boggs

Book Blurb:

A time‑twisted Regency tale of healing, hope, and the courage to begin again. 

Kitty Winterose has lived in the shadows for far too long — those cast by her portrayal as spineless Kitty Bennet, her sisters’ bolder personalities, and the chronic cough she fears may portend a far more deadly inheritance. 

Kitty vows that her sojourn in the spa town of Buxton will be her new dawn — time and space to think, to grow, and to discover who she might be apart from her family and childhood home at Rosachron Manor, where time behaves so strangely. 

Returning home, Kitty carries her new steadiness with her, never dreaming how Rosachron’s temporal anomalies are about to change her world. 

With the arrival of Dr. Jamison Hartwell, a physician from the twenty‑first century — unexpected, impossible, and thoroughly unsettling — Kitty begins to feel seen in ways she never has before. Jamison’s modern insight, quiet humor, and attentive kindness challenge everything she believed about her illness, her future, and her worth. 

As the Manor’s portal puzzle continues its slow unfolding and echoes of other travelers through time reverberate, Kitty finds herself standing at the edge of a future she never imagined — one shaped not by fear, but by hope, courage, and the possibility of love. 

A Rose at Dawn invites you to believe in second chances, soft miracles, and love that arrives exactly when it should. 

Excerpt:

A sharp jolt of the carriage wrenched Kitty from her woolgathering, and she sighed.  

A few moments passed before she realized the carriage had stopped. The elderly maid who traveled with her slept on, leaving Kitty to wonder alone at the cause. Surely not highwaymen, nor even a broken wheel—she heard no commotion, and the jolt had not been violent. 

Not being the sort to wait and wonder, Kitty pushed open the carriage door and leaned out. A young girl—younger even than Kitty’s own nineteen years—was speaking to the coachman in evident distress. The moment she caught sight of Kitty, she broke off and hurried toward her. 

“Oh, milady,” she cried. “Pray assist me! I must get away from here as soon as ever I can. Might you take me up in your carriage for the next stage?” 

Kitty, startled at being addressed so urgently and by such a title, nevertheless took in the scene at a glance. A very pretty girl with a less‑than‑genteel accent, a small valise clutched tight to her chest, and panic bright in her eyes. The Great North Road stretching ahead, the broken‑down carriage half in a ditch, and a gentleman with mud and thunder on his face cursing loudly as he tried to right it. Her reading allowed for no other interpretation: this was a failed elopement. 

She did not hesitate. The carriage and servants belonged to Lady Melinda’s father, the Duke of Rossford, and His Grace had shown himself to be a compassionate man—surely, he would understand. 

“Get in, quickly,” she said, offering her own hand rather than waiting for the footman. The girl seized it with a trembling grip and scrambled inside, her breath coming in frightened bursts. 

Kitty turned toward the box. “Coachman—drive on, if you please. With all possible speed.” 

The coachman touched his hat, the footman closed the door and swung up behind and the carriage lurched forward, gathering pace as though even the horses sensed the urgency. 

The maidservant had at last awakened and was spluttering in the corner, blinking owlishly at the newcomer. Shouts followed them, but the carriage was already flying on, leaving the gentleman and his temper well behind. 

Kitty eyed the girl approvingly. She looked shaken but still plucky, in the best tradition of literary heroines. 

“My name is Miss Kitty Winterose,” she said. “Now tell me—was that man attempting to abduct you? Is he likely to pursue us on horseback?” 

The girl flushed. “I’m Essie, Miss. No…I went with him willingly. I’ve been an awful fool.” 

Even better, thought Kitty. An honest girl, and not one who tried to lie away the evidence of her hand luggage. 

"Then you are fortunate to have discovered it in time,” Kitty said, her tone softening. “You are not the first, nor will you be the last.” How she wished her sister Lydia had been able to see her own danger as plainly as this trembling girl did now. 

“I’m sure he won’t follow. He’s had enough of my company—and I’ve wrecked his carriage besides.” 

Essie twisted her hands. “I’m afraid I did it on purpose, Miss. It was the only way I knew to stop him taking me to an inn, and I’d begun to fear what he might do if he got me alone.” She shuddered. 

Kitty patted her hand encouragingly, and Essie went on. “As I said, I’ve been a fool. I listened to all his sweet talk, and I thought I loved him. Eloping seemed a grand adventure—but once we were on the road, it became plain he wanted Papa’s money.” 

She shuddered. “And I blush to say it, but I’m pretty sure he had other plans for me before the wedding vows.” She cast Kitty a quick, anxious glance, as if to see whether she understood. 

Kitty thought it best to turn the subject. “Essie, you did right. It was very brave of you. What will you do now?” 

 Author Bio:


KELLY BOGGS writes seasoned not spiced atmospheric fiction that blends historical charm, a touch of mystery, and warm, character driven storytelling. Whether her books wander through Cornwall’s windswept cliffs or the quiet corners of the Regency, she builds worlds where emotion, place, and personality intertwine. Her stories offer immersive escapes threaded with wit, whimsy, and a distinctly human heart. 

Links: 

Website: kellyboggsauthor.com 

Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/author/kellyboggs 

Goodreads: Kelly Boggs (Author of A Rose Out of Time) | Goodreads 

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kellyboggsauthor 

Pinterest:  https://www.pinterest.com/kellyboggsauthor 

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/KellyBoggsAuthor 

No comments: