Friday, December 03, 2021

MY LATEST RELEASE IS LIVE!

Hooray! Help me celebrate the release of MAIL ORDER GLORIA: AN IMPOSTOR FOR CHRISTMAS, book 7. I love being a part of this series, which was conceived by the multi-talented Cheryl Wright. Today is about MAIL ORDER GLORIA, which takes place in 1878. She’s a good person stuck in a small town in Georgia, where she has no prospects for a husband nor a way to support herself.



Here’s the book description:

A desperate woman…

A distrustful rancher with a secret…

And a boy in need of a family.

Orphaned at an early age and sent to live with her relatives, Gloria Tabor is fed up with the treatment she receives from her weak-willed uncle, hateful aunt, and spiteful cousin. In a moment of desperation, she leaves her only relatives’ home. With her small savings, where is she to go? The question is sobering, but she is determined she will not return to her kin’s home. She vows she will become a stronger-willed and more adventurous person.

While deliberating her lack of choice, she overhears a young man comforting a sobbing woman she recognizes as a friend from school. After a few minutes of conversation with them, the friend offers Gloria the chance to escape town to a ranch in Texas as a mail order bride. In exchange, Gloria must promise not to divulge her real identity until the couple has eloped and had a honeymoon. Elated at the opportunity fulfill her vow, Gloria agrees. 

On the way to her prospective groom, Gloria rescues a ten-year-old boy from a policeman who wants to take the boy to the local orphanage. Heart filled with sympathy for the homeless child, she intercedes. Later, she wonders how her prospective groom will react to her bringing an unexpected child with her.

Texas rancher Dwight Price is a stickler for honesty. Once someone has lost his confidence, he won’t fully trust the person again. He strives to live up to his beliefs. On the one hand, he isn’t certain he wants to wed the daughter of his father’s oldest friend. On the other hand, he looks forward to a life of quiet harmony with his mail order bride.

Near Christmas, Gloria gets a telegram releasing her from her promise. Dwight wants to know who sent the wire and why. Her explanation destroys the faith he had in her—and then his own secret crops up.

Can these two overcome the damage to tsheir relationship or will each be alone again?

https://www.amazon.com/Mail-Order-Gloria-Impostor-Christmas-ebook/dp/B09GQLXMVL/ 


Enjoy an excerpt. They went from the stage depot to the church and were married. They've just arrived at the ranch and Dwight is showing Gloria the house:

         Gloria and Dwight climbed the stairs and paused in the hall.

As Tommy and Mike ran past them, Tommy said, “I’m gonna show Mike my room.”

Dwight called, “Mike, pick your room.”

Mike stopped and turned to stare. “You mean I get my own room?”

Dwight laughed. “Sure. Did you think we’d make you sleep hanging from the rafters?”

Solemn, Mike shook his head. “I didn’t know what to think.”

“Now you do. If I were you, I’d choose one next to Tommy’s or across the hall. Doesn’t matter to me which, so suit yourself. But you boys don’t run in the house.”

Tommy grabbed Mike’s arm. “Come on, I’ll show you.”

The two boys walked so fast they almost ran.

She said, “Thank you for making Mike feel welcome. I’m sure he’s had a rough life.”

“No doubt. Guess I’m a little surprised you rescued him. Doesn’t sound like the person from your letters or what Papa’s told me about your life.”

She stopped and stared into his eyes. “That’s not a nice thing to say. Do you believe me to be shallow and selfish?”

He took a step back and raised his hands at his side. “I don’t mean anything bad. Usually if someone has had a lot of… well, advantages, they don’t sympathize as much with those less fortunate. I mean, giving money to a cause is fine, but acting toward an individual is entirely different.” He grimaced. “Your face is all clouded up, so I’ve said that badly.”

She took a deep breath while she counted to ten. “I think I understand your meaning, but don’t judge everyone comfortably well-off by the same standard. I care a great deal about orphans and the homeless and those less fortunate.” He might have intended that for Juliet, but he used poor judgment. Even if she wasn’t the real Juliet, she wanted to give him a stern lecture.

“Look, forgive me for the way I expressed myself. I didn’t mean what I said as an insult.”

She crossed her arms under her chest. “Oooh, I hope you never intend to insult me. That would be excruciating.”

“As Papa often reminds me, when you’re in a hole, quit digging. Let’s look at the rooms on this floor, shall we?”


 

Each of the nine books in the IMPOSTOR FOR CHRISTMAS SERIES uses a different reason for the heroine posing as someone else. Each book is stand alone western historical sweet romance. The first released November 12. The amazing V. McKevitt of Black Widow Cover Designs created the series covers. Don’t miss any of the delightful series. The series page is:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09KRGTCZX 

Amazon appears to be having difficulty keeping up with traffic volume. The page has disappeared twice. We hope it's up to stay this time, but who knows?

Stay safe and keep reading!  

  

No comments: