Friday, July 29, 2022

FAVORITE BOOKS FOR SUMMER READING

By Caroline Clemmons

All authors have favorites of the books they’ve written. Sometimes that’s the one they’re currently writing. J Authors may have a sentimental attachment to a particular book. 



For instance, mine with Irish characters, such as THE TEXAN’S IRISH BRIDE, remind me of the two lovely trips my Hero and I took to Ireland. I wish my hair were like hers. Sigh.

Hero and I on the ferry from
England to Ireland. What a fun trip!




Other favorites are those that have won awards. A BRIDE FOR GIDEON won Best Proxy Bride Book of All Time from ALL ABOUT BOOKS! You could have knocked me over with a feather when I found out about this award. Was I ever pleased! I also loved writing that book, loved Gideon and Kiera, and love the cover created by V. McKevitt. 



BRAZOS BRIDE won Best All Around and Best Historical from the Yellow Rose RWA chapter Winter Rose Contest. Actually, I love all of the Men of Stone Mountain Texas series. The first two are available in audio.


The third in that series, BLUEBONNET BRIDE, was inspired by a family visit to Jefferson, Texas.



THE MOST UNSUITABLE HUSBAND won Second Place in the OKRWA contest, losing by 1/10 point to another book. That’s from the Kincaid Series, and I love that series, too. It’s very special to me.



The idea for the heroine in the first book in series, THE MOST UNSUITABLE WOMAN, came about from a tiny story my grandmother told me about a girl with whom she attended school.



GRANT ME THE MOON won First Place in Short Contemporary in the International Digital Award Contest. I enjoyed the research for this book because it’s a subject that Hero and I enjoy. If you saw our living room, you’d believe me. We have Native American memorabilia we’ve collected over the many years we’ve been married—and hope none of it is from the Taiwan, China, or Japan tribes. J  Over several vacations, we visited Chaco Canyon, Hovenweep, Mesa Verde, and other archeological areas across the South and Southwestern United States.

No point going on tooting my own horn, but I wanted to share some of my favorites of books I’ve written.

I’m sure you have favorites on your bookshelves or in your e-reader, too. Do you reread them? I do. About once a year I reread Julie Garwood’s PRINCE CHARMING, Louis L’Amour’s FALLON and CROSSFIRE TRAIL, and others of his. 

Each member of my family is a reader, so we have way too many books in our home, in spite of the fact that we donate to a charity shop. Our librarian daughter keeps urging us to use the library because you can download to your e-reader now. But, guess what she wanted for her recent birthday?

What’s your favorite book?



No comments: