Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Matched with Her Runaway Groom by Britney M. Mills

 


Matched with Her Runaway Groom

by Britney M. Mills 

 

Blurb: 

 

A cruise should’ve been their honeymoon. 

Rachelle Stewart has spent the last year working through her Breakup Bucket list, something her roommates helped her create to get over her ex-fiancé, Landon Higgins. The cruise she won is going to be the crowning achievement of her list, but she can’t seem to get rid of Landon when he shows up as a passenger. 
 
Luck is on Landon’s side when he finds out he’ll get uninterrupted time with his ex-fiance. He ruined things a year ago and getting her back is a long shot. But seeing the changes in her gives him the sliver of hope that they might forgive and forget. 
 
As the truth is revealed, will she trust him after all they’ve gone through apart? Or will they leave the ship and go their separate ways? 

 

Excerpt: 

 

He pulls off his helmet and I’m pretty sure everything around me has either frozen or stopped. Those brown eyes and light brown hair cause my stomach to twist in knots. My instincts were right about the mysterious figure. I pull off my helmet and aim for him, using my fingers to toggle the trigger. 

Three orange paintballs hit him in the chest. His team starts yelling but I wait for him to glance up and see me before I turn around and walk out of there. 

My brain is completely void of any words and I’m pretty sure my hands are shaking now. All I can think of is getting out of this suit and into my car. Kenzie runs up alongside me the most surprised look I’ve ever seen on her face and right at me. 

“Who? What? What was that?” 

We make it into the small dressing area and I don’t say anything, focusing on staying calm and taking off the binding suit.   

“I can’t believe you hit someone that close while his mask was off. Do you know him?” 

“Oh yeah,” I say, not even turning to look at her. “He’s my ex-fiancé.” 



Author Bio:

By day, Britney M. Mills is the wife to a builder and mom to five, but by night, she turns into an author, writing YA & contemporary romance stories. 

A book lover, former college athlete, and Jane Austen fan, she crafts stories with the idea that anyone can find love. When she's not writing, she spends time playing games with her kids, or shuttling them to and from their activities, watching Sanditon and Murdock Mysteries, or dreaming of future characters while she folds a mountain of laundry. 

You can find excerpts of her next project at http://www.britneymmills.com


No comments: