Wednesday, November 08, 2023

Stuck with the Off Limits Protector by Maia Ambrose

 

 


A BWWM Workplace Romance

Stuck With the Off Limits Protector

by Maia Ambrose

Genre: Steamy Contemporary Romance

I was sworn off men until this hot alpha hero fought his way into my life. 

Turns out he’s ex-military and works for my new boss.

Just my luck, he’s the one man I'm not allowed to have.

But constant road trips cause our worlds to explode like fireworks. 

His skills give secret service duty a whole new meaning.

And we're playing a dangerous game as lovers and friends.

We can't stop despite our jobs and lives are on the line.

Ironically, our pasts are already intertwined.

Yet, saving me won't right the wrongs done. 

Now that I know what he’s been hiding, he must think I’m a fool to let it fly.

While my heart feels he’s the one, everything else is telling me to say goodbye.


**Only .99cents!**

Amazon * Goodreads


"Okay. But what’s your stance on it? Are you pro-abortion or anti-abortion?" 


 

“Well there seem to be solid reasons for and against the matter. What I will say is I think men should have a say so.” 

 

“And what do you mean by that exactly?” 

 

“If a guy gets a girl pregnant, he should know and have influence on the decision.” 

 

“See that’s the problem right there.” She responds. “Let me ask you this, when’s the last time women ever got involved with how or with whom men can procreate? Think about it. Have we ever tried to pass laws telling men what they can or can’t do with their testicles? I’ll wait” she says sharply. 

 

Damn, this woman has some wit about her that I like. And she also has a point – to a degree. 

 

“I get where you’re going, I’m just saying men have feelings too when it comes to becoming a parent. It takes two to make it, so it should take two to eliminate it. The decision for a baby to live or die shouldn’t be one-sided that’s all” I respond. 

 

“Ah just like the government does when playing God sending the military overseas to kill innocent people. I’m starting to see a pattern.” 

 

“Whoa, it’s not like that. The military executes orders to protect and serve. And exactly whose side are you on Tiffani?” 

 

“I meant no disrespect. It’s just a correlation. Say for instance we were having a baby. I’m leaning to terminate but you want to have it. It’s my body and I’d have to deal with all the complications that come with carrying to term because men get the last word. If laws are in place to force the pregnancy, where are my rights and respect as a human being before anything?” 

 

My brain is stuck imagining what it would be like having a kid with Tiffani Bradshaw. I snap out of it quickly. 

 

“That’s why I said it there’s pros and cons. Why do you care so much?” I reply. 

 

“I’m a woman, why shouldn’t I? And I want to give the issue a voice without taking a side.” 

 

“Seems like you’re already a bit biased, no?” 

 

“And that’s why I’ve been interviewing men like yourself” she contends. 

 

“I think I find it easier discussing how the USAID deployed a disaster assistance response team to Ukraine,” I say. 

 

Her eyes turn sullen. “You know, thinking about the Ukraine-Russia war right now is crazy. I know it’s a lot we civilians don’t know, but it honestly seems senseless. We’re here because two men in power want to see whose balls hang lower. It’s fucked up people are losing their lives and others becoming displaced. Foreign policy I get – but this doesn’t make any freaking sense.” 

 

I turned to her amazed at her opinions on the matter, visualizing kissing her passionately. 

 

“Yeah I hear you. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t get involved.” 

 

“Imagine how better the world would be if we didn't have to deal with wars,” she says. 

 

“Unrecognizable is the first word that comes to mind. When you strip down the bullshit, war boils down to two things and two things only, money and power. He who has the most wins” I declare. 

 

She goes quiet, and so do I. 

 

Why it’s taking so long to get the elevator fixed is beyond me. I know I wanted to chat with her, but staying this close to her is affecting my ability to resist kissing her. I take my eyes away from her, but she drifts closer to me, causing her arm to brush against mine more intensely than it did before. 

 

Her skin is soft, and I want to feel more of it. The urge in me to kiss her full lips grows. Am I'm the only one feeling this tension? I wonder what she thinks as she’s leaning on my shoulder or if she feels the same way. I try to keep holding back but looking ahead. But once I look down at her, she looks up at me almost in synchronicity. Our gazes lock and there’s only one thing that feels right to do. I can't take it anymore. I crush her lips with a kiss and she doesn't move back or pull away. Instead, her mouth gladly welcomes my swirling tongue. This makes it hard for me to resist the urge to stop kissing her. So, I don't. 


Maia Ambrose is an African American Steamy Romance author from the Midwest who believes in the power of love and everything it has to offer. Her stories illustrate the dynamic of contemporary interracial relationships between strong, resilient black women and heart-throbbing, irresistible white men. Maia believes there's truly someone for everyone and aims to inspire more love energy in the world with her work.

Maia is a notorious night owl, who frequently burns the midnight oil, coming up with creative romantic ideas. When she's not writing her BWWM stories, she's spending time with the people she loves most and practicing self-care.


Facebook * Bookbub * Amazon * Goodreads


Follow the tour HERE for special content and a giveaway!

$20 Amazon



1 comment:

Marcy Meyer said...

I like the excerpt. Sounds like a story I would enjoy reading.