Thursday, June 10, 2010

Book Review--SOMEWHERE MY LASS by Beth Trissel

I love Beth Trissel's blog. It is always well written and her husband's photographs are gorgeous. My blog today, however, is about her new release, SOMEWHERE MY LASS from The Wild Rose Press. This is a time travel romance, one of my favorite reads. Once I started reading this romance, I couldn't stop reading. From the first paragraph, I was hooked! Beth keeps the reader turning the pages to see whether or not Mora and Niel will get back to Scotland, what will happen if they do, will they stay there,.will Niel cease to exist? The pacing keeps the reader involved.

Not only does Beth Trissel have a terrific blog and website, but she is a remarkable author. I enjoyed the first of her Somewhere series, SOMEWHERE MY LOVE. In all honesty, I have to say that SOMEWHERE MY LASS is even more captivating than the first of the series. Beth Trissel writes with vivid language that paints a picture in the reader's mind. Her characterizations breathe life into all of the characters, and especially the hero and heroine. Anyone who enjoys a good read will love this book.

Let me share the blurb with you:

Neil MacKenzie’s well ordered life turns to chaos when Mora Campbell shows up claiming he’s her fiance from 1602 Scotland. Her avowal that she was chased to the future by clan chieftain, Red MacDonald, is utter nonsense, and Neil must convince her that she is just addled from a blow to her head–or so he believes until the MacDonald himself shows up wanting blood.


Mora knows the Neil of the future is truly her beloved Niall who disappeared from the past. Although her kinsmen believe he’s dead, and she is now destined to marry Niall’s brother, she’s convinced that if she and Neil return to the past, all will be right. The only problem is how to get back to 1602 before it’s too late.

The balance of the present and future are in peril if she marries another, and the Neil of the present will cease to exist. An ancient relic and a few good friends in the future help pave the way back to the past, but will Mora and Neil be too late to save a love that began centuries before
____________________________

I give this book 5 roses out of 5. Reader  can order SOMEWHERE MY LASS from The Wild Rose Press or Amazon in edownload or in print..You'll find Beth's blog at http://bethtrissel.wordpress.com
Don't forget my contest continues. Leave a comment to be entered in Saturday's drawing for a gift basket from Bath and Body Works along with a few odds and ends to surprise the recipient..
 

10 comments:

Beth Trissel said...

Thanks much Caroline for the wonderful review. I'm so glad you enjoyed Somewhere My Lass. I'm pondering a sequel to it. :)

BrendaC said...

This book sounds great I would love a chance to read it. Brenda kittycrochettwo@msn.com

Mystee said...

New follower from book blogs :)

Ashley said...

This sounds like something I would love to read.

hewella1 at gmail dot com

Ashley said...

I'm a new follower.

hewella1 at gmail dot com

Caroline Clemmons said...

Ladies, thanks for your comment and follow. The drawing is Saturday. Plus I hope you will buy Beth's book and mine. Shameless plug, I know. LOL

Historical Writer/Editor said...

I love time travels, and Beth is a very talented author.

Linda Henderson said...

I enjoy time travel books and this one sounds like a good one, I'll definitely be looking for it.

seriousreader at live dot com

Linda Henderson said...

I forgot to add, I am a follower on Google.

seriousreader at live dot com

Unknown said...

I found the link to your blog through Book Blogs and had to check it out, since I wrote a time travel romance myself (Between). I noticed Eilean Donan Castle on the cover of Somewhere My Lass and had to smile, since the castle is a major part of my book! :)

I will have to check out the book. It sounds like it should be a good one!

Cyndi
ctefft.blogspot.com