Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday's Winners and My Saturday Win

Thanks to everyone who commented on this blog this past week--actually it's been eleven days because the month began in the middle of the week. Saturday's winner is Ashley. She will be notified by email. She wins a small basket of Bath and Body Works products and a copy of CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL FOR DADS AND DAUGHTERS in honor of Father's Day next weekend (autographed by one of the authors, award-winning author, Christie Craig) in promotion for my June release, OUT OF THE BLUE. Since I fudged a bit--okay, four days--I'm sending Linda a download of award winning anthology NORTHERN ROSES AND SOUTHERN BELLES, in which I have a novella, LONG WAY HOME.

Please continue your comments to enter next week's drawing. I sincerely appreciate those who have left a comment and who have become a follower. I especially appreciate comments when I have a guest (no one wants to be embarrassed in front of the children).

Now let me tell you about the great day I had on Saturday. I attended the Yellow Rose RWA chapter meeting and Jo Davis (pictured at the right) was our speaker. What a great presentation! Maybe NYTimes bestsellers don't experience this, but I feel a writer can always take something away from any speaker. Even if we've heard it all before--but in Jo's case I had NOT--we can pick up a tidbit or be reminded of something we'd forgotten. Jo had pearls of wisdom dropping every time she opened her mouth. She spoke on Deep Point Of View, which is one of the things that I always think I understand but which confounds me on a permanent basis--until today. Maybe the fact that she used to teach school is why she made everything so easy to understand. Bless her! Then she applied the same principles to a synopsis. You probably thought you saw searchlights scouring the skies over Grapevine, Texas, but it was just the light bulbs finally going off over my head. And--can it get any better?--I won LINE OF FIRE from Jo's Firefighters of Station Five series. Let me tell you, I am feeling pretty pleased with the day's events.

After never winning anything, in the past two months I've won a pair of earrings, a $5 gift card, and now Jo Davis' book. I could get used to this. Let's hear it for Free Stuff!

Shameless promotion because I love these book covers, I'm posting again the covers for my new release and the anthology. Wait until I show you the stupendous cover for my September release. Life is good!


4 comments:

Caroline Clemmons said...

Thanks again for your comments!

Jeanmarie Hamilton said...

Caroline,
Sounds like a fun meeting with Jo Davis! Wish I could have been there.

Jeanmarie

Deana said...

Congrats on your win! No matter how small, you won something:) YAY!

I'm your newest follower from book blogs:)
www.momstheglue.blogspot.com

Beth Trissel said...

Congrats on your win and super day, Caroline. You have a lovely blog here.