Friday, March 08, 2024

HELP WELCOME KEITH!

By Caroline Clemmons

Happy Book Birthday to KEITH AND THE MAIL ORDER BRIDE! I’m so excited about this book and eager to share it with you. Book 5 of The Hill Country Mail Order Brides, KEITH is a sweet historical western romance in which multiple obstacles add bumps on the road to happily-ever-after. Of course, each of my books end happily, the adventure is arriving there.



Buy Link:

Here is the Amazon link to purchase the e-book, which is also available in print and is enrolled in KU.

https://www.amazon.com/Order-Bride-Texas-Country-Brides-ebook/dp/B0BZDT6Q1J/

 

The summary:

Elliana Barrington has to escape from Evansville before a deranged cousin learns the terms of their grandmother’s will. So, Elliana is sent to marry a man in Texas, who hopefully can protect her. She knows her greedy cousin expected to inherit everything. Although he received a generous inheritance, the desperate cousin has debts he can’t pay, debts owed to dangerous men. He plans to force Elliana to sign over her money to him. She is kind and generous and willing to share her legacy. But her grandmother’s unbreakable will is specific—if Elliana attempts to give her cousin any funds, everything they each inherited will be forfeited to charity.

 After escaping a difficult situation, Keith Martin created a new life as the banker of Harrigan Springs, Texas. He’s won the respect of the community and has made many good friends. After buying a house, he sends for a mail-order bride. What a surprise to receive a letter from a young woman’s attorney, complete with a contract. Although not sure he’s doing the right thing, Keith agrees to marry the woman and fulfill the contract’s conditions. He expects a shy, overprotected bride—but he’s in for a surprise!

Fate has troubles in store for Elliana and Keith, threats that involve everyone in their household. They strive to protect themselves and the three orphans they’ve adopted. But, how can they reason with her crazed cousin? Can this couple overcome their complex circumstances to build a happy lifetime together?

 

An excerpt:

She sat erect and sent him an unyielding glare. “What an unkind thing to say. What have I said or done to give you that impression?”

Uh-oh, he had better tiptoe around that subject. “Nothing at all. I just meant that most people, even kind and generous ones, want to control their funds.”

“Well, you’ll find that I am not ‘most people.’ I’m just what I say and who you see.”

He held his hands out at his sides then dropped them back to the arms of his chair. “I apologize for offending you. I assure you it was not my intention.”

Her lovely brow remained furrowed and her vivid blue eyes narrowed. “I should hope not. Were you not told I’m quiet, kind, and generous?”

“As a matter of fact, you were described as so perfect that the description would only fit a saint. I see now that you possess many of those qualities. I suppose I’ll see more of them as we become better acquainted.”

“Now you’re making fun of me, but it’s all right. I’m not a bad sport unless you try to bully me.”

“I wasn’t making fun, and I don’t like bullies, either. An uncle and a couple of my cousins are terrible bullies and mean as anyone can be. The only reason they’re not in jail is that they’ve paid off some of the police and haven’t been caught by others. My father is almost as bad and does as my uncle tells him. I’m relieved I’ll never see them again.”

“Don’t you intend to visit your parents?”

“Never!” He leaned forward with his elbows on his knees. “Elliana, in my family, I’m the white sheep. The rest are not people you’d ever want to meet. Imagine an entire family of people like Trey. They don’t even know where I am. It’s important to keep it that way.”

“Oh, that is severe… and sad.” She stared at her hands a minute then looked up at him. “I guess we’ll have to start our own family and include friends here.”

“That’s my plan. We can’t choose our family members related by blood, but we can choose good friends to become our family.”

She let out a sigh. “I’m glad we can agree.”

 

I hope you choose to read KEITH AND THE MAIL ORDER BRIDE.

In case you missed any of the series, here they are:

Book 1, the rancher, GENTRY AND THE MAIL ORDER BRIDE

https://www.amazon.com/Gentry-Texas-Country-Order-Brides-ebook/dp/B0B6YN6QHK

 

Book 2, the sheriff, JESSE AND THE MAIL ORDER BRIDE

https://www.amazon.com/Jesse-Order-Bride-Country-Brides-ebook/dp/B0BD64JC1D/

 

Book 3, the rancher, QUINN AND THE MAIL ORDER BRIDE

https://www.amazon.com/Quinn-Order-Bride-Country-Brides-ebook/dp/B0BSTMWV5X

 

Book 4, the blacksmith, LEVI AND THE MAIL ORDER BRIDE

https://www.amazon.com/Levi-Order-Bride-Texas-Country-Brides-ebook/dp/B0BZDT6Q1J

Thanks for stopping by,

Caroline

  

No comments: