Saturday, November 06, 2021

HAVE A HOLIDAY HEART!



Are you ready for Christmas stories? I read them all year, but start full throttle in November. HOLIDAY HEARTS has a new cover. Last year it was part of the contemporary Christmas anthology CHRISTMAS COMES TO DICKENS. This year I’ve released it as a single title on sale for only 99¢.

Here’s the description:

Laura Jordan plans a quiet holiday at home except for the time she might decide to spend serving dinner at the homeless shelter on Christmas Day. She loves her job at Callahan Group advertising agency and admires her boss. She’s careful not to show her attraction because she doesn’t want anything to jeopardize her position there. She’s aware of how quickly office gossip could ruin her reputation and career.

Ward Callahan is a wunderkind who started earning money online trading when he was in high school. At thirty-two, he owns a successful ad agency and is gaining industry recognition. He hasn’t had time for a serious relationship. When Laura starts working for him, he can’t get her off his mind.

When vicious remarks cause Laura to threaten a halt to their budding relationship, Ward is determined to set things right.

The url to purchase HOLIDAY HEARTS at Amazon is:

https://www.amazon.com/Holiday-Hearts-Caroline-Clemmons-ebook/dp/B09K4M291F




Enjoy an excerpt at dinner with Ward’s mom/Laura’s new friend. Each has a nickname used by his mom and they’ve just learned Eddie and Birdie are Ward and Laura:

Ward took the vase of flowers and set it on the counter then turned her to face him. “Thank you for taking care of Mom. You’ve been exceptionally kind. And Helen, too. I appreciate all you’ve done.”

She stared at the V of his collarbone. “Doris is a nice woman.”

“She counts you as a good friend.”

“I hope so because I count her as one.”

His grip tightened and he stepped toward her. “Please, don’t think less of me because I wasn’t here when she needed me. If she’d told me she was injured I’d have come home immediately.”

They stood so close she had only to lean a few inches to kiss him. She forced herself to meet his gaze. “That’s why she didn’t tell you. You have a business to manage and people depending on you. She knows you can’t be here all the time. Hopefully this was once-in-a-lifetime.”

“You’ve splashed water on your jacket. I hope it won’t ruin the fabric.”

“It’ll be all right.” She removed the jacket, revealing that the halter dress left her back bare to the waist.

He pretended to stagger and put his hand on his heart. “You mean that dress has hidden under that jacket whenever I’ve seen you at work? I’ll never be able to look at that ensemble without picturing the secret it hides.”

She was able to smile. “I like versatile clothes.” She put the jacket over her arm.

“You’ve messed with my mind.” He shook his head as if trying to clear his mind. “I have a huge favor to ask of you. It’s important that Vince and Helen go a few places together. If you’ll go along with me, I’ll explain later. Will you trust me?”

“I do trust you, Ward. But if I’d known you and Eddie were the same person, I don’t think I would have come tonight.”

“Why? You’ve made Mom happy.”

“You’re my boss. It’s not appropriate.” She couldn’t be like Celia and plot a trap.

“There’s nothing wrong with having dinner with a group of friends, even if one of them is your boss. The only conniving here has to do with Vince. I promise I’ll explain his story later.”

“If you’re sure.”

He took her hand. “Shall we join the others?”

 



If you didn’t read HOLIDAY HEARTS as a part of CHRISTMAS COMES TO DICKENS, I hope you’ll take advantage of the tiny price and read it now.

Stay safe and keep reading! 

No comments: